I’ve been thinking about writing some sort of recap post for some time, but never really got around to it. Then I saw this on The Wide Eyed Imp (who in turn had stolen it from Just One Anna), and naturally proceeded to unceremoniously steal it myself.
So, without further ado… Em’s 2011 Recap (and as I’ve been filling it out I’m realising I had a somewhat boring year for the most part.. oh well!)
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
To be fair, not a whole lot. I visited a new country (more on that below), and early on in the year I tried to write a Swedish blog. It didn’t work out very well though since I feel more comfortable writing in English, and I discontinued it. (There are still some old posts scattered throughout this one in Swedish, since I imported the posts from the other blog.)
I did bleach my hair for the first time, as in – all of it. And it ended up very blonde!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t make new year’s resolutions, so I guess that’d be a no.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my brother and his girlfriend had a beautiful baby boy in August; Viggo.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
I passed through Norway a few times on my way to and from the airport, but that hardly counts. In June I went to Spain for the first time together with my sister and her friend. We had a lot of drinks, a lot of sun and a very good time. I hope to go back again this year. (My aunt and uncle own an apartment down there.)
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Less worries, less health issues. A steady job or at least a conclusion as to what I can do in terms of working ability. Some definition to where I’m going with my life.
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Early June for my first trip to Spain. 7 August when my first nephew was born. Early September for when I finally met “him” after over 3 years of talking to each other.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I (sadly) can’t think of anything specific that I achieved last year.
9. What was your biggest failure?
To me, it was not being able to work 100%, but dropping back down to 50%. I wanted so badly to be “back” to my old self, but it just wasn’t to be (yet).
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing more than my regular day-to-day ones Although I swear I had the cold from hell at one point!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Closests for my bedroom. They may not be the prettiest ones around, but they’re very much needed (there were none) and very handy with a lot of options to expand on the interior.
12. Where did most of your money go?
Most of my money goes to bills sadly; rent, food, utilities. My only real splurge in 2011 was going to Spain, and that was a fairly cheap holiday all things considered.
13. What did you get really excited about?
My trip to Spain, my baby nephew and finally meeting “him”
14. What song will always remind you of 2011?
I never associated songs with years, so I can’t think of one I’m afraid.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Probably a little sadder.
– thinner or fatter? About the same (I think).
– richer or poorer? Poorer, since I’m currently out of a job.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Everything! I wish I’d done more writing, drawing, reading… the things I used to enjoy doing before I got sick.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
18. How did you spend Christmas?
With family at my mom’s house. It was a lot of fun, especially getting to share in baby Viggo’s first Christmas. 4 ½ months old at the time he was extremely excited and really interested in the paper (not so much the actual gifts).
19. What was your favorite TV program?
I don’t think I could choose just one. House is an eternal favourite though. Dexter is also very good, and Modern Family and How I Met Your Mother for the dose of humor one needs.
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
I didn’t read a lot in 2011, but my favourite was probably My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult.
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
Warrior, Bridesmaids, Crazy Stupid Love. I’m probably forgetting lots, cause I watch a fair amount of movies.
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 31 and I had a birthday party at my place, which was also combined with a “meet-Viggo” since he was born 6 days before my birthday. It was a simple party with cake and coffee with the closest relatives. Parents, grandparents and siblings.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
I don’t have a fashion concept. Maybe I should though. I tend to wear comfy clothes when at home and when going out either a long tunic or jeans and a shirt. Yep, I’m that fashionable!
26. What kept you sane?
My friends and family. (Blog friends included.)
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Choose your battles..